Monday 10 May 2010

The Recovery Position -Speaking From Experience

RESERACH ON THE RECOVERY POSITION

Why use the recovery position?

It keeps the casualty in a stable position with their airway

•It prevents the casualty's tongue from blocking their airway

•It promotes drainage of fluids, such as blood or vomit, from their mouth

•It keeps the casualty in a safe position if they have to be left alone

•If the casualty was left on their back their tongue could relax and block their airway

Roll the casualty onto their side as shown. Gently tilt their head back to open their airway.
Monitor the casualty until emergency help arrives.





I drew a silhouette around a person of the recovery position, so I had a life size scale and and image to be able to stencil around...

Using the bottle caps from the check list I have sued them to fill the silhouette...



Here is one of my initial ides:

Taking the green and purple colours from off the check list badges. I prefer these colours to the red. I used the badge designs in the to fill the human figure. I also used a typeface I used on the badges.

After thinkign abotu pritnign the final design, It woudl have proved difficult printign onto such a larage surface (life size) so I have chosen to screen pritn this design onto a pillow case. The case works well with the concept as it can be used for when a person may need to adopt this position and t is also for comedy values.

No comments:

Post a Comment