Friday 29 October 2010

Icons of the decades

After my tutorial with Lorenzo over reading week, and speaking about my makeup range inspired by Marilyn Monroe and the 50's, the direction I have chosen to take is to create a range of products from different decades, focusing on a beauty icon from each one.
The decades I have chosen are 40's, 50's, and 60's as they each have different styles, colours, typefaces that made them reflect that particular decade.


For my influences for each decade:
My icon form the 40's - Lara Turner, an American acrtress
My icon from the 50's - Marilyn Monroe, also and American Movie Star (The most famous woman of the 20th century)
My chosen icon from the 60' - Twiggy (born Leslie Horn) was the face of 1966 and by all counts the top model of the sixties

1 comment:

  1. hey there, it's Lana Turner not Lara.See you are busy with blogging for this new brief-you need to be equally busy with PPD-nothing since last tuesdays session. You need to get the notes you made during the morning group activity up asap and get thinking and acting on them.

    ReplyDelete