Friday 23 April 2010

Speaking from Experience

After brainstorming different ideas for the brief I chose to go with 'How to throw a flat party'. It is aimed at first year freshers both male and female, and will give them advice on how to organise and prepare for a flat party as a way of helping become more social with their flatmate soutside a college environment. They will respond to the range of products holpefully by using them throughtout their time at uni.

Week One:
I began researching into what people thought made a good flat party through asking questions to students, (being the target audience).
Here are some questions and important answers I picked up on...
What makes a good flat party?
-A good amount/group of people
-Good music/ sound system
-Lots of air
Name an essential item for a flat party:
-Pack of cards
-Shot glasses
-Music
-Alcohol
-Plastic Cups
-Paracetamol
Name an essential action that should be taken before a party:
-Lock rooms
-Designated toilet
-Involve flatmates and get them to invite friends so you don't have to clean up alone the next day
What can be dangerous at a party?
-Smashed glass
-Drugs
-Fire (Smokin, cooking/hob/oven)
-Walking home alone
-Violence
-Leaving sharp items around (knives) and htings that can get broken or damaged

Paty Prep Summary:

In order to keep the party accident free, I looked at ways of avoiding some bad situations:

Crit: 23/04 (With John)
In the crit I was told i should try and come up with as many different ideas as I could for how I could get people to know how to throw a flat party. I want to create a 'freshers pack' for students so I began to think of different things it could consist of:

I also thought of different existing party products that could hold information on:

Another issue was how would the students invite their fellow classmates to the party once they recieved their party guide. I thought of things such as:
Printable invites they could get off the internet,
Word of mouth,
Noticeboard - google calendar
Posters
Website-join as a class-say when having as party-text subscription-immediate invite
Facebook (popular with target audience)



No comments:

Post a Comment