Thursday 22 April 2010

What is a line?

Line: ''A formation of people, objects or things, on/besides/behind eachother.''

A few bits form the sketchbook

After researching into artists and ways of communicating the word line, I chose to focus on people. I thought of police line ups and mug shots and began drawing peoples faces. To make it as accurate as possible i drew them over a grid. I like how they look in a row next to eachother, I think this would look better if there was alot of drawings of different faces.



Another form of line on humans is the lines on your hands. I like how palm readings can show that these lines have specific meaning.


Another use of hands is sign language, here is the word line using the sign language alphabet.


Photographing the left eye of different people.


I liked the use of grids, as the lines are in rows and collumns. This reminded me of pixels and I used a photograph of one of the mugshots and pixelated it. For each of the 'pixels' I used different images of different peoples eyes for the eyes, noses for the nose, lips for the lips and so on. I quite like this idea. I chose to pritn this in on a large scale (A1) as when you are close up you can see the 'pixel' images', and when you move away the image of the face is clear to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment