Wednesday 28 October 2009

OUGD101 - Alphabet Soup 1 Development Work - Edit

For this brief I had to pruduce a series of 10 letterforms that explored and communicated my interpretation of the word 'edit'.
Considering the anatomy of typographic forms I focused on the manipulation of letterforms to solve this problem. Looking at different fonts I noticed there are alot of similar shapes from the legs, stems, arms, descenders, ascender, counter, bowls, etc, that reoccur. And I liked the idea of having a letterfrom and showing how it would merge into another with similar charachteristics to itself. As the idea of making changes is a way of editing. My chosen typeface to work with was Desdemona and I used both digital letterforms and hand drawn, sketchy letterforms together to emphasise the 'edit' taking place. I also looked into colour schemes before choosing my final colours that I felt worked the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment