Wednesday 28 October 2009

OUGD101 - Alphabet Soup 2 Development Work

For this brief I had to design a typeface for a full alphabet and glyphs that represented the character of my partner, Niall Hargreave, after discovering his personality/character through a series of set questions. I again focused on manipulating an existing letterform to solve this problem.
The final outcome that I produced was created to capture his interest of the natural world, as he admired David Attenborough, from the programme 'Planet Earth'. For that reason I decided to look at animal prints and also plants so I could draw patterns from them to use. My four words to describe Niall were happy, caring, laid back and calm, and my chosen typeface had to represent this, so I decided to work with 'Hobo Std'.








No comments:

Post a Comment