Sunday 22 November 2009

OUGD101 - No News Is Good News - Message & Interpretation - Part 2


I had to produce designs for a set of three high impact posters that deliver a personal identified message derived from my research into part one of this brief. The three posters had to work as a set or series and be visually consistent. The first must be produced solely using type, the second solely with image, and the third a combination of both type and image. I was also restricted to the use of two colours plus stock.

Here is some of my development work.




I liked this idea of being able to unpick a message from a sentence as it is clearly shown. This makes the Fact more interesting and people would rather read this than just another boring fact. It also makes you think about the clever message afterwards. Simple. Effective.



I wanted to focus on the fact that picking up your drinks after leaving it unattended could put you at risk because it may have been spiked with the date rape drug.
I wanted to make people more aware of this and by asking the question ''Are you sure about drinking that?'' so they will rethink the situation that they could end up in.




I recreated this biochemical hazard symbol with ring marks from drinks to represent picking up a drink that could have been unattended and spiked unknowingly.
So as to make the person reconsider drinking it.



No comments:

Post a Comment