Sunday 22 November 2009

OUGD101 - No News Is Good News - Message & Delivery

From developing a message in response to the previous brief, I had to produce a mail shot that distributes, disseminates and reinforces my message to an appropriate list of recipients. My resolution had to fit within the envelope provided (dimentions of 114x116mm) and be accompanied by a visually appropriate mailing list. I had to consider the outside/inside of the envelope and its contents.
I decided to work wioth the same colours used in my posters as they worked well with the message and were effective.

WHAT?
To inform people about drink spiking and to advise people to reconsider drinking from a glass they have left unattended as it may put them in danger.

WHY?
To make them more aware of the situation they could end up in whilst drinkin. To make them be more sensible and stay safe.

HOW?
I came up with the idea of having a beer mat in the envelope, containing relevent images and information. So those on my mailing list will use them in their working environment.

WHO?
Aimed at those who drink in public places. In risk of getting spiked.

INFORM/INSTRUCT/PERSUADE/PROMOTE?
The mats will be used to inform and advise

Format:
Beer mat - paper engineering, a continuous folding mat to reveal more information.
Considering the relationship between the envelope and beer mat.

Colour/Stock:
Same as poster, white stock, grey/biege and red colours.


I felt that a beer mat would be the most appropriate thing to send in a mailpost as it is relevent to drinking and will be there as a constant reminder for pub and club goers to see if they are used in those environments.
Here is some of my development work...






A prototype for a beer mat display using two.


When I was younger I remember finding a beer mat that used to flip the sides round and round continuously. I couldn't find a net anywere for it anywere it was as if I had made this up! However, with much patience and trial and error, I finally figured out the complex paper engineering.






For the Mailing List, I thought the most relevent places to send the mats to would be to where they'd most liekly be used, e.g, in pubs, bars and nightclubs, but also to College's and Universities for students to be able to pick up and keep.
I wanted to keep it as a local mail post so I have researched into these places within Leeds and here is my Mailing list...


The Dry Dock (pub)
The Original Oak (pub)
The Warehouse (club)
Oceana (club)
The Faversham (SU bar)
The Arc (bar)
The Box (bar)
Mojo (club)
The University of Leeds
and of course, the mail post I have to actually send out...


BA (Hons) Graphic Design
Leeds College of Art
Blenheim Walk
Leeds
LS2 9AQ




No comments:

Post a Comment