Sunday 22 November 2009

OUGD101 - Now New Is Good News - Message & Interpretation - Final 3 High Impact Posters

For my 'Type' poster I decided to use the 'Spiking causes extreme decreased memory in most cases' with the horizontal message of 'sex crime'. I think this is simple and effective and the colours I have used of white stock, with grey and red type tie in well with the message as it is a serious one so I didn't want it to be too playful or colourful, just a simple statement with the word 'sex crime' being emphasised. I chose to set the statement on an angle and to the top of the poster to create a more visually appealing look.




For my 'Type and Image' poster. I decided to use the hazard symbol made of ring stains from a drink, with the question ''Are you sure about drinking that?'' embedded within in it, and then the words ''Your unattended drink is a target for spikers'' I chose this composition as it positions the logo in the centre creating a focal point, showing its importance as the first thing that drags you to the poster, and then the type below it with the words 'target spikers' emphasised, still clearly important.



For my 'Image' poster I chose the row of bottles with one being lifted with the hazard symbol as its ring stain. That particular bottle contains little spects of grey to subteley symbolise the date rape drug within the bottle. This is again to make people aware of the dangers of not keeping an eye on your drink.




I think my posters work well together as a series as they all represent the close relations between drink spiking and sex crime. I have kept to the same colour and also type within each poster and I think they are memorable pieces of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment