Tuesday 18 October 2011

Concept Idea - 'Graduation is The Beginning'

Graduation is not the end; it's the beginning.

I came up with a concept to focus Graduation as an event that should be marked as 'The Beginning'. Although it also marks the end of your time at LCA, and is a time of celebration for all the hard work and effort put into achieveing a degree. It is also a time to look to the future. It is the beginning. 

Here I have mind mapped some ideas about Graduation being the beginning:

 

 I like that within the phrase - 'Graduation is the beginning' can be picked out, so I came up with some ideas on how this could be incorporated considering print. Where you see part of the phrase on the front throuh dye cut 'holes', and then when the page is turned you can read the whole phrase.

I looked at how this idea could work across the range. I don't want to have the same thing slapped across each designed piece, so here I came up with how each would be different and relevant to the design in it's own context.


I then looked what 'beginning' means, to try and come up with some ideas for visuals and ideas.
I also thought about using quotes form successful people, to inspire graduates in beginning their journey in the real world, so I looked at quotes that are relevant to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment