Wednesday 5 October 2011

Laurel Leaves

I found that the Laurel Leaves are used within the LCA mosaic that represents the College.
These leaves are recognised as a symbol of achievement, which makes them relative for graduation and also for LCA.
For the previous promotional designs a felt they were lacking a visual element and this could be it, even if just on a small scale.
I have drawn a few laurel wreaths that could be used within my promotional material.



For the research click Here

Vectoroised:
I scanned in my drawing and live traces them in Illustrator.
I changed the threshold of these 4 laurel leaves to see if there was much difference in the pattern.

I found that the ones with a higher threshold were more suitable, because you can still define the leaves:


Using this design idea within composition:

No comments:

Post a Comment