Friday 2 December 2011

Brief 2 - Concept and Design ideas

After speaking with Lorenzo in the progress surgery, I still needed to strengthen my animal concept, and I thought about explaining this as having it in our DNA. The tool will be second nature to the consumer as it is so easy to use, the ideas of it already being in our DNA and that using the tool is like using your animal instincts. From this I thought the strap lien Fedrigoni Gone Wild, would be great to use as it refers to the wild animals, and also letting your imagination go into the wild with these imaginative colours. I also needed to re-think about the language used in the designs as in the mail shot it wasn't clear that the tool is something that you can order - it looked as if the mail shot was the tool as it did not direct them to where they could get it from themselves.

I tried a clever way of connecting Fedrigoni Gone Wild --- Fedrigone wild
However this may be confusing to the consume, so may be best to leave it seperate.

I also thought about how the idea of DNA could be used within the design. The structure of DNA itself is quite interesting and gives a scientific feel to the work - this works well as Fedrigoni have been refining the science behind creating their beautiful papers.


No comments:

Post a Comment