Thursday 3 February 2011

Progress Crit with Fred

I found the progress crit with Fred to be very useful and it helped me to get a few things into perspective. The main thing I was concerned about was getting the work finished in time. This made me realise that I need to work more efficiently, and prioritize what needs to be done. In terms of creating the title sequence, I need to re focus the key stages that need to come across, before worrying about the rest (noise). For example, in my storyboard I want to show the girl waking up in bed, stretching, opening the curtains, seeing the snow and smiling. The main concept of this scene is for the girl to realise it's is snowing and that she is happy, so the scene could be cut down to just her eyes opening, the snow falling and her smiling. The could be useful if my title sequence runs over 50 seconds, and it will also make the scenes quicker and more catchy. I also need to think about what happens and what time in my sequence to get some idea of the timescale and how I will fit everything in.
 I was then given a sheet with questions to answer, just to give me a check list of were my areas of focus would be, and to get everything into perspective, to ensure everything is completed in time:

'EVALUATION, FOCUS, DEVELOP - Key questions in the process of the project development'

Evaluation-
-What is the problem? Audience need ideas on what to do on snow days
-What subject area of study are you focusing on? Things to do on snow days
-To what depth are you investigating this area/subject? Is this sufficient? I have looked into activities, what people like to do on snow days, what to wear, safety. I think it is all sufficient and useful.
-What is the form and amount of research to date? Primary/secondary/imagery
-What visual material do you have to work with? What media/format is it?  - Imagery/photographs/illustrations
-Is there an appropriate amount of work for the time you have had to develop it? Almost
-If there isn't why is this? How could you improve your work rate? I need to prioritise what needs to be done, and leave working on small subtle elements of my illustrations on Illustrator and AE, to the end, as they may not even be noticed by the audience.
-What is your timescale? When is the deadline? Wednesday 16th February
-What is achievable in the time available? Some final variations of the title sequence and idents and my chosen ones. An appropriate DVD packaging.
-What methods are you using to evaluate the progress of your ideas? Blogging/drawing/Illustrator/AE

Focus-
-What are you identifying as areas worth developing further? Storyboards/timescale/compositions and how my illustrators will animate and move into the frame/type
-What are you trying to communicate? Fun things to do on snow days
-What audience have you identified? Who are they? Children (8-10 years)
-What problem(s) have you identified? - Some things I want to do on AE, I need help with. Importing files from Illustrator to AE as my test videos have turned out quite blurred.
-How do you intend to solve these? Get help from staff or classmates, so I know what to do.


Development-
-Have you moved on from your initial starting point. If so how and why? - I think I have, with the style of drawings changing, working with a bright colour scheme, and reassessing my key stages in my animations.
-What methods are using to document this development? - Visual matertial (drawings/scans/Illustrator/colour experimentation/AE), blogging
-What processes will you need to use to develop your work? - Storyboarding/timescale, AE
-Do these require workshop access? - AE does as I do not have it on my own laptop, I need to use college computers, which can be hard as there is limited computers that have AE on them.
-When do you intend to access these workshops? - Try get to the studio computers earlier, get in the mac suite with AE when it is free.


TO DO:

-Get blog up to date with evidence of storyboards/development, etc
-Map rough sequence to AE for full 50 seconds
-Identify key events and ensure that you communicate them
-Concept for idents

No comments:

Post a Comment