Wednesday 10 November 2010

Brand Name Ideas

For my cosmetics range I want a brand name that expresses that the make-up is influenced by looks from previous decades. bearing in mind the femininity and independence of these iconic women who I have focused each decade on, I have come up with many different name, and also used a thesaurous to expand on words with similar meanings:

-Blast from the Past
-Comeback
-Glam
-Beauty Decades
-Time Warp
-Back to Basics
-Just in Time - quick and easy to apply makeup
-Out of Time
-Get the Look
-Role Model
-Idol
-Icon
-Retro
-Evocative - Evoke
-Classic - Classical
-Vintage
-Pin-up
-Prime
-Star - Superstar
-Starlet
-Aurora
-Elite
-Charm
-Prestige
-Flair

My favourites from these are: Icon, Starlet, Pin-up and Classic, because to me they sound catchy and appropriate for the product as I have focused the make-up on looks from 'iconic', 'pin-up', 'starlet's' from previous decades, and therefore re-makeing 'classic' looks. To help me decide which name to use I tested different typefaces iwith a mixture of higher and lower case, to see which worked the best:


The typefaces that I thought worked best were:

Starlet in Bolton and Riesling
Icon in Bolton, Bellrose and Riesling

So, I will start creating logo designs before I choose between either 'Starlet' or 'Icon'.

No comments:

Post a Comment