Tuesday 9 November 2010

Packaging Ideas & Nets

Sketchbook work, ideas for packaging:

I began to think of creating a shape that would be obvious when all three separate packs are put together, to create a relationship between them. This proved difficult as three packs containing three products each needed room to hold their products and the shapes didn't  seem to be working.

Creating some packaging from the nets:
I looked at other product packaging and tried to adapt them to my work. Click Here




This was quite fiddly and would not hold together easily, would have to have a band around it, or maybe wrapped in cellophane.

This was as a package for perfume. I quite liekd it as it looked like a dressing table mirror when it was opened up (when you can see your face from different angles) and thought it was quite relevant.

I liked these 'diamond' shaped and found them the most suitable as they seemed to portray them glamour that goes with my product, and is very feminine.
I created my own closure for the top of the box and also looked at alternative closures too.
Working in different scales and colour.

I quite like this for the front of the box however I would like the back to be flat so there is room for the pack information, and so it is read clearly and easily. With this box I would more than likely have to have the info on an angle and I would prefer it to be straight.




No comments:

Post a Comment