Sunday 14 November 2010

Logo Experiments

After choosing the name 'ICON cosmetic' and the logo, for my makeup range, (in bellerose font) I did a few experiments with it. I want an appropriate finish for my product packaging to give a more luxurious feel to it.

With not beign to make the proper finishes to my products, I created alternatives to give a similar look.
Here are some techniques that I looked at: Click Here
Here I cut-out the negative space around the word 'Icon' and put behind it a reflective mirror material.
This would have to be lazer-cut if made for industry.


I also used the black card but from the above experiment, and stuck in on the mirror material, for a reversed look.

Embossing (by hand) test on coloured paper



The reverse side of the coloured paper, gives an debossed look.


I am also going to experiment with a spot varnish finish. I think this would look good on the packaging, if I used a plain, possibly matt, stock with the spot varnish over the type and logo.


No comments:

Post a Comment