Saturday 13 November 2010

Product Label Designs for Twiggy Sultry Eyes

I quite like the idea of having the coloured labels on the products inside the seperate packs and keeping the gift pack more simple and consistent for each decade so they work together better, but still have a relationship with their products inside.
I looked at exisiting products labels to see what information they had on them, these included if they were dermatologically tested, for sensitive skin, and their weights.

Using the image and gradient.
Mascara Ideas:
The label reads - Twiggy Volumising lash building mascara. Up to 5 x volume. Dermatologically tested. Sensitive skin.
I experimented with different size labels for this. However, I prefer the portrait labels with the half a face, and logo that would wrap around the mascara tube.

With these to they are reversed with the black/white. But I prefer keeping the logo on the design on the right, so this is my final chosen design for the mascara.


Designs for Eye Liner:
The label reads- Twiggy smooth glide-on eye pencil 'Black' 0.8g e 0.03 US oz
After experienmting with the colour of the type I have decided the bottom one is the most effective and works the best with the logo. I created a gradient on this as it made the type easier to read.

For the eye shadow compact:
I experimented with using this coloured image, and also with different type. I have used a slanted heading as this was a technique used in previous decades.

I quite like this idea, with 'Shadow' wrote in bold black, and I also like this type for the heading, but the focus of the image seems to be taken away with the colour, and it seems very dark.

I tried soem alternatives with colour and I really like the third idea, keeping the face and the inner circle white. It gives the impression of having a bare face (clean canvas) before applying the makeup.
The type on the coloured image is harder to read, and the yellow seems too plain.

This is the wrap around for the makeup compact, with the front and the back designs, connected with a 'spine'

My chosen final product labels:
I think these work well together, they each use the image of Twiggy, but for the mascara and eyeliner as the label is smaller, the image is cropped, which I think works better, and it is also using the coloured image of the face. For the eye shadow, the full face is used with the white background and coloured frame, this works well for this as it is a flat product. This is what it would look like printed, with the label wrapping around the makeup compact, so there is a front and back design.




No comments:

Post a Comment