Monday 22 November 2010

End of Module Evaluation

Throughout the duration of this module I feel as if I have learnt alot about the different print process, and how you can adapt your work to the type of print you are using. I also know I have improved my skills on software such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and found that mainly down to the workshops that I attented. I didn't know how to use In Design much apart from for editorial work, so that was especially useful, in doing things such as colour separations and registration. My practical skills have also improved, with creating nets and packaging, learning how to emboss/deboss, and screen print spot varnishes. I have enjoyed trying and testing these skills and find the outcomes very satisfying.

Whilst researching for this module, I found that most of it was secondary research, and I realise know that I should have extended my primary research, to find out people's true opinions, so that I can work from a more informed point of view. I couldn't wait to start designing but I know feel like I should have started this earlier, so then I would have had more time to push my designs further and in different directions. The decisions I made when designing was really helped by the research that I did, as it backed up my designs.

I think my strengths for this module lie within my practical skills for creating the packaging structures, and also in my image manipulation techniques. I feel my weaknesses appear in my design ideas, because if I started this earlier I would have had alot more of them, and I should have made earlier decisons about my designs. I also tended to let my work build up before I blogged it, so that is somethign I will definately get on top of in the next module.

For the next module I will do more primary researching, keep on top of my blog, and start coming up with design ideas eaarly, even if they are just little sketches of what I see my work could be like. I also know that there is alot more to find out about, and I will continue learnign abotu ti as I find it very interesting, especially at the Team Impression visit, and realise know how important it is to know about designing for print. learnign abotu this made the module very enjoyable. I am pleased with my final outcome, but realise how different my ideas could have been. I know I will learn from my mistakes and take this forward to the next module.

Attendance: 4
Punctuality: 5
Motivation: 4
Commitment: 4
Quantity of work: 3
Quality of work: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment