Tuesday 16 November 2010

Final Packaging Designs

Chosen packaging net: This net works the best as the diamond shape front does not distort the image too much, and the back of the pack can hold the information clearly.

To fit the products inside the scale of the box as a net is: 250 x 250mm
This fits on an A3 page.
And when it is put together: 120 x 60 x 85mm

This net woudl be used to die cut the packaging. But to mock it up I will cut it by hand.

Mock Up Designs:




My packaging would have to be lithographic prints, so I have created the separate plates that would have to be used: (I have used the Lana Turner box as an example)
I have also added crop marks, colour bars, registration marks and the plate information.
The net woudld not be left on, I have just left this so you can see wer it will be die cut.

Cyan:
Magenta:
Yellow:
Black:



I also think it would look nicer to create a spot varnish, for over the heading on the front of the box and the logo on the top, as it qives a more special/luxury feel to the product. I will test this in screen printing, but I created another separate registration print for the spot varnish, as if it would have to be if printed in industry:

Spot Varnish:

Making the packaging:




1 comment: