Tuesday 30 November 2010

Design for Print - Silent Movie

Brief:

The three words I selected from the randomiser, that I will be basing this brief on are:

-COMPRESS
-DISPERSE
-CRUNCH

I need to produce a minimum of 4 five second animated sequence that explore visual communication of these words, through the use of letterforms only
I will start this project by coming up with as many ideas as I can, selecting the ones with the most potential, and working out how to create them. I will have to consider frame, format, pace, font, typeface and letterforms.
I will explore each of my words, and what can be done with them, and investigate the letterforms.
Font choice will also be carefully considered.

KEEP IT SIMPLE - this is important, to communicate clearly with the audience.

The software I will be using to create my 'silent movies' is Adobe After Effects.
An application of fundamental design principles, appropriate research and development methods and the ability to evaluate the communication of my ideas are what I need to achieve.

ORGANISATION - is essential

There are a range of systematic approaches that can be used to help develop my ideas, however I will also be working to restrictions such as time/technology, so I will have to think creatively around the problems I encounter.

Mandatory:
The word that I have chosen must be in each of my resolutions
Must be produced in Adobe After Effects and be delivered as QuickTime Movie
Work to a ratio of 16:9
I can only use Black, White and one other colour

Deliverable:
4 x 5 second animated sequence
4 x 12 frame screen grab storyboards in pdf. format
Storyboards, test pieces, design sheets, test storyboards appropriate to my resolution.




Seminar Notes (30/11):
Things to consider for this project -


No comments:

Post a Comment