Wednesday 18 May 2011

Logo Design

 I was still not happy with the logo, so I came up with some new designs. I stencilled over the Trajan type to create these 'split up' letterforms
 Changing the arms to lines rather rather shapes, and then below joining the r counter and leg.
 Creating a longer tail on the 'r' and increasing the weight, before using it to create a lazer cut stencil.
 A mock up of a lazer cut stencil, on stripped wood. The grey/purprle colour behind would be the colour of stock on the front page of the menu
 Using the wing shapes to create circular shape around the name.
 Getting rid of the round shapes, I feel this works better as it looks more like a flower, which bring sin the nature element.
 Adding the 'restaurant', I think this makes it look more complete. However, I am not sure about the type now, because it contrasts to much against the delicate pattern as it is so bold.
 I then changed the stroke brush of the flower/wing pattern to make it look more stylish.
I think this type works better as it is more elegant and suits the pattern. This is my final logo:
 Experimenting on the lazer cut mock up:

 These two are my favourite, but I cannot decide which works better on the light or dark work. I think the stock colour will determien my decision.
 Experimenting with colour on the final logo:

I prefer the colour of this logo below, and will use this as my final logo along with the black and white logo:

No comments:

Post a Comment