Monday 2 May 2011

Statement of Intent

Rationale:
I would like to work with brand identity, typography, layout, as these are were my current interests lye, and are what I would like to develop my skills in further. I would like a brief were I can explore creative concepts, but one that I can set boundaries for myself, as I feel a well focused brief allows me to get the best results. I also coming up with logo designs. I would like to produce deliverables for both on ascreen and print, and also explore further into printing oprocesses and finishes.

Statement of Intent:
To fulfill my rationale I want to select a brief that allows me to focus on brand identity. The brief I have selected is to create a visual identity for a restaurant, whicih will then be used over a raneg of products.

Brief (below)

Research:
I will have to research into existing restaurant, their unique dining experiences, styles, cuisine, culture and environments, and find out the reasons why people eat out, and what tehy expect from restaurant environments. I will also have to do some photography and get some imagery to work with.

Practical Development:
I would like to do more screen printing in this project, and also look into foiling, embossing and lazercutting. If my timescale allows this I will do some experiments with these processes to give special qualities to my design work, as I feel they will be suitabel for the brief.

Recording, Documentation and Evaluation:
I will critically analyse, document and record my work across my Design Practise and Design Context blogs. It will be improtant to keep referrign to my brief to make sure I stay on track. I will take on board all feedback I receive in my crits and tutorials, to help me push my resolutions to reach their full potentials.

Bibliography Articles & Resources:
Library resources
Logo Design
Design for Web Inductions

 

No comments:

Post a Comment