Monday 21 November 2011

Brief 1 - Graduation - Crit response

From the last crit, it came to my attention that the bird imagery could be mistaken as or identified as another institution, so may not be chosen as a design to be used for graduation. This means the designs are not appropriate and so I want to take this back a step and simplify my designs, focusing mainly on designs that fit the purpose correctly, with the right print finish.

Here are some simplified ideas I had first for the wallet.
They will be printed onto blue board with a metallic ink for the type. The darker blue represents a spot varnish and it will also be dye cut for the slip with the graduates names to be slotted into. This is shown within the designs.




I particularly like the designs with the spot varnish strip above and below the 'Leeds College of Art' text with the dye cut on the edge of this. It is a simple design yet puts emphasis on the text, and I feel is a more appropriate design idea.

Using this design across to the programme book. However I prefer the inside pages with the lines that break up the information.



Open publication - Free publishing - More design

I pretend these design on a few different coloured block stocks but they are not the right shade that I am after, but the wallet gives an idea of how the ticket slot would work.





No comments:

Post a Comment