Thursday 10 November 2011

Brief 2 - Fedrigoni - Animal Stencils

To represent the four fan style books that come in the tool (warm, cool, neutral) I had the idea of using animals to represent each book. (Click)
I chose animals with recognisable features and with bold, strong attributes. This could reflect the colours used one act book, and also the different 'personalities of the paper'.


Open publication - Free publishing - More animal



I traced and then cut the stencils out from the paper, using another colour behind it. This was down by hand so would be a lot neater and precise if done using the lazer cutter, but it was just an experiment. I do like the results and think it could work if the designs were smaller and used as a range within a mail shot.





Or instead of having the animals flat stencils I could make origami animals.




However these looked bait flimsy as I am not an origami pro, so it would take a lot of photoshopping...

No comments:

Post a Comment