Thursday 24 November 2011

OUGD301 - wAven - Logo design ideas

I experimented with my logo ideas in illustrator so I could get theme more precise and experiment with colour more.

I tried to get the lines of the word WAVEN at the same angles, which meant putting the E and N on a slant. This I thought made the letters fit together better that they are a close nit 'weave'.



I played around with emphasising the circle of the Swedish A by using a larger circle in a different colour that intertwined with the letters an replaced the cross bar on the A. This I feel could work alone as a single logo, and could even work as a swing tag on the clothing. I really like the look of this and feel it could be recognisable as the WAVEN brand once the associations have been made. I need to experiment more with colour, and also with the typeface. I feel the logo as a whole is looking too corporate, however I think it needs to be kept quite simple and clear and not distracting or too busy. The blue used looks quite 'flat' and maybe using different colour schemes will develop this logo into something better.


No comments:

Post a Comment